Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Beauty is....Sock Monkeys!!

So I've entered my school's Reflections Art project contest.

The theme is "Beauty is..." and so I did a Sock Monkey visual art project.

It's really funny. I used red construction paper and took a bunch of pictures of my sock monkey at a playground. I glued them onto the construction paper, punched holes around the edges and then I took red yarn and threaded it through the holes to make the border match the red yarn of a sock monkey.

Lots of people told me that my art project is funny, awesome and cool. I had fun posing my sock monkey at the playground. My favorite picture of him is when he was on the swing sitting there looking at the camera. He smiled for all the pictures. :) He's so beautiful. He's my baby!

I hope my project gets chosen for the next level because then it will be shown at one of the local Art Museums. That would mean I'm a real artist because I would get to have my first gallery exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment